Despite of its massive size, Hong Kong Airport is smartly laid out allowing even newbie travellers to navigate without any problem. Rest rooms are clean and people manning the airport are quite efficient. Our plane landed in Hong Kong Airport at 10:00 am and we’re able to board the public bus to the city in less than an hours time. It’s funny that I landed Hong Kong without an itinerary, thank God there are plenty of free Hong Kong tourist maps in the airport. If you are visiting Hong Kong, make sure you get one!
Hong Kong Airport Bus to City
There are plenty of signs in Hong Kong airport pointing towards the public transportation area. From here, we bought public bus tickets to the city. The cheapest way from Hong Kong Airport to the city is via double decker public bus. Taxi fare from airport to Tsim Sha Tsui will cost about HKD 250 (USD 33.00) per way while taking the double decker public bus will only cost HKD 33 (USD 4.50) per person. We boarded the A21 bus to get to Kowloon Shangri-la hotel in East Tsim Sha Tsui.
The double decker bus felt very secure, you don’t have to worry about your luggage as there’s even a TV screen in the second level where you can monitor the luggage store area. How cool is that!
In my previous Hong Kong stays, I have tried using hotel shuttles, taxis and public buses to transfer from airport to city. I particularly enjoyed taking the double decker public bus as it is like a mini Hong Kong tour. The 45 minute ride is actually a pleasant journey allowing you to take a glimpse of Hong Kong from beaches to the heart of city center.
- Hong Kong Travel Itinerary 4D/3N
- Hong Kong Day 1: Hong Kong Airport Arrival and Airport A21 Bus to Tsim Sha Tsui
- Hong Kong Day 1: Kowloon Shangrila Hotel, Chao Zhou Restaurant, Nathan Road, Aberdeen Fishball and Noodle Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 2: Octopus Card, Nan Lian Garden, Chi Lin Nunnery, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 2: Star Ferry and Rickshaw Double Decker Bus
- Hong Kong Day 2: The Peak and Mak’s Noodle House
- Hong Kong Day 3: Hong Kong Museum of History, Chuk Yuen Seafood Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 3: Kowloon Park, Spring Deer Restaurant, Symphony of Lights and Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 4: Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden, Shang Palace, Airport Express from Tsim Sha Tsui to Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Cafe Kool and Shang Palace at Kowloon Shangrila (Part 1 of 3 – Food Splurge)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Aberdeen Restaurant, Spring Deer, Chuk Yuen (Part 2 of 3 – Mid Range Dining)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Mak’s Noodle, Yoshinoya, Chao Zhou, Kai Kee Noodles (Part 3 of 3 – Cheap Eats)
- Macau 3D/3N Itinerary using Free Bus Transfers
- Macau Day 1: Macau Arrival and Venetian Macau
- Macau Day 2: Senado Square and Saint Paul Ruins
- Macau Day 2: Solmar and Wynn
- Macau Day 3: Sands Buffet, City of Dreams
- Macau Day 3: Exploring Venetian Hotel, Venetian at Night
- Macau Day 4: Venetian Check Out, Fat Siu Lau, MGM