Kowloon Park seems to be a place for artsy people where photographers and painters flock to capture beautiful sceneries. To me, Kowloon Park is a usual park with greeneries and little colorful blooms. But what makes this park special is the authentic Hong Kong experience you will be getting.
I chanced up this priceless moment while exploring Kowloon Park – a painter carefully putting final touches on his oil canvass for a local bearded man.
Here is another angle.
Apparently, there are a lot of other painters surrounding the bearded man in wheelchair.
And another painter on the other side drawing Kowloon Park’s scenery on his canvass.
Spring Deer Restaurant
After exploring Kowloon Park the whole afternoon, we decided to take our dinner in Spring Deer Restaurant along Mody Road. At 6 pm, the place was already full of people and we were very lucky enough to take the last free table in the restaurant. We ended up ordering one full Peking duck for the three of us since this was recommended by their waiter. The duck was quite good. You can see my detailed review of Spring Deer in my Hong Kong Food Trip blog series. Prepare to spend HKD 120 – 150 per person (USD 16 – 20 per person).
Symphony of Lights and Avenue of Stars
Admission: Free every 8 pm
After the Symphony of Lights show, we strolled by Avenue of Stars. The statues there remain to be the same since 4 years back.
The most photographed Statue along the Avenue of Stars is Bruce Lee. Seems to be a favorite of tourists coming from the mainland.
It’s also nice to see the Aqua Luna junk boat by the Victoria Harbour during night time. This flaring red junk boat adds more color to the Hong Kong skyline.
- Hong Kong Travel Itinerary 4D/3N
- Hong Kong Day 1: Hong Kong Airport Arrival and Airport A21 Bus to Tsim Sha Tsui
- Hong Kong Day 1: Kowloon Shangrila Hotel, Chao Zhou Restaurant, Nathan Road, Aberdeen Fishball and Noodle Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 2: Octopus Card, Nan Lian Garden, Chi Lin Nunnery, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 2: The Peak and Mak’s Noodle House
- Hong Kong Day 3: Hong Kong Museum of History, Chuk Yuen Seafood Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 3: Kowloon Park, Spring Deer Restaurant, Symphony of Lights and Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 4: Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden, Shang Palace, Airport Express from Tsim Sha Tsui to Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Cafe Kool and Shang Palace at Kowloon Shangrila (Part 1 of 3 – Food Splurge)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Aberdeen Restaurant, Spring Deer, Chuk Yuen (Part 2 of 3 – Mid Range Dining)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Mak’s Noodle, Yoshinoya, Chao Zhou, Kai Kee Noodles (Part 3 of 3 – Cheap Eats)
- Macau 3D/3N Itinerary using Free Bus Transfers
- Macau Day 1: Macau Arrival and Venetian Macau
- Macau Day 2: Senado Square and Saint Paul Ruins
- Macau Day 2: Solmar and Wynn
- Macau Day 3: Sands Buffet, City of Dreams
- Macau Day 3: Exploring Venetian Hotel, Venetian at Night
- Macau Day 4: Venetian Check Out, Fat Siu Lau, MGM