Travelling to Hong Kong on a budget? Don’t worry as Hong Kong has lots of yummy restaurants where you can dine without breaking the bank.
HONG KONG CHEAP EATS – (1) Mak’s Noodle, (2) Yoshinoya, (3) Chao Zhou Restaurant, (4) Kai Kee Noodles
Prepare to spend: HKD 35 to HKD 60 (USD 4.50 to USD 8.00) per person
Where: Shop 1, G/F, The Peak Galleria, 118 Peak Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
Despite of its minute serving size, I still love the noodles of Mak’s noodle house. The noodles are springy and soup broth is very flavorful. No wonder this restaurant chain is recommended by Anthony Bourdain. When you drop by, make sure to order their beef noodle in soup and shrimp dumplings. I’m sure you will love it and will leave you craving for more!
Beef Noodle Soup
Shrimp Dumplings and Kailan Veggies
Where: Shop B1, Basement, Tern Plaza, 5 Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Beef and Chicken Combo Rice Meal
Where: Shop L57-59 Lower G/F Peninsula Centre 67 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Chao Zhou Restaurant is East Tsim Sha Tsui’s little secret. Located in the basement of a building, the restaurant is actually hard to find by tourists. Despite of its odd location, the restaurant is patronized by locals especially by men due to its mega-size food servings. One rice topping serving maybe good enough for two. I particularly loved the beef rice. Not only that it’s tender, the beef is very aromatic beyond my description. You have to try it!
Sweet and Sour Pork Rice
Where: 15C Carnavon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
We had one of our breakfasts in Kai Kee Noodle shop along Carnavon Road. The wonton noodle soup is so-so but the fish cake is really good. This place is actually famous for dark soy noodles, next time I will have to try their specialty dish when I’m back in Hong Kong.
Fish Cake Slices
- Hong Kong Travel Itinerary 4D/3N
- Hong Kong Day 1: Hong Kong Airport Arrival and Airport A21 Bus to Tsim Sha Tsui
- Hong Kong Day 1: Kowloon Shangrila Hotel, Chao Zhou Restaurant, Nathan Road, Aberdeen Fishball and Noodle Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 2: Octopus Card, Nan Lian Garden, Chi Lin Nunnery, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 2: The Peak and Mak’s Noodle House
- Hong Kong Day 3: Hong Kong Museum of History, Chuk Yuen Seafood Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 3: Kowloon Park, Spring Deer Restaurant, Symphony of Lights and Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 4: Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden, Shang Palace, Airport Express from Tsim Sha Tsui to Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Cafe Kool and Shang Palace at Kowloon Shangrila (Part 1 of 3 – Food Splurge)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Aberdeen Restaurant, Spring Deer, Chuk Yuen (Part 2 of 3 – Mid Range Dining)
- Hong Kong Food Trip – Mak’s Noodle, Yoshinoya, Chao Zhou, Kai Kee Noodles (Part 3 of 3 – Cheap Eats)
- Macau 3D/3N Itinerary using Free Bus Transfers
- Macau Day 1: Macau Arrival and Venetian Macau
- Macau Day 2: Senado Square and Saint Paul Ruins
- Macau Day 2: Solmar and Wynn
- Macau Day 3: Sands Buffet, City of Dreams
- Macau Day 3: Exploring Venetian Hotel, Venetian at Night
- Macau Day 4: Venetian Check Out, Fat Siu Lau, MGM