Solmar Restaurant – Macau’s Oldest Portuguese Restaurant
Our original plan is to have lunch in Wong Chi Kei, the famous noodle house in Senado Square. However this restaurant was full when we passed by so we decided to check other restaurants around. We were walking towards New Yaohan Mall when we passed by Solmar Restaurant. I immediately remembered this restaurant being mentioned in Lonely Planet guidebook so we decided to take our lunch here.
Solmar is famous for its authentic Portuguese cuisine and people still flock the restaurant even its already 2pm in the afternoon. We ordered their best seller African Chicken, pork chop bun and a few other dishes. Although quite on the expensive side, the food is worth it as all the meat dishes are tender and of generous serving. Prepare to shell out approximately MOP120.00 per person (USD16.00). Solmar is located near the corner of San Ma Lo and Avenida da Praia Grande across Metropole Hotel.
Shuttle Back to Venetian
Venetian to Wynn
After a bit of rest, we headed to Wynn. We boarded the Venetian shuttle to go to Macau Ferry Station then switched to Wynn shuttle there.
Wynn Macau – Free Indoor Shows and Musical Fountain Show
The Macau downtown lights is not to be missed. Going to Wynn Macau during night time is one of the best decision we made. Just outside the Wynn lobby, the view is very colorful and breath taking. You should not miss taking a photo by the Wynn fountains with the colorful casino skyscrapers as the backdrop. The free Wynn musical fountain show which runs every half an hour is also spectacular.
While waiting for the indoor shows, we had our dinner in Restaurant 8 inside Wynn Casino. The food is good but servings are small. Both of the indoor shows are good with mind-boggling special technical effects considering they are free.
Wynn to Venetian
We took the same shuttle route – Wynn – Macau Ferry Terminal – Venetian.
- Macau 3D/3N Itinerary using Free Bus Transfers
- Macau Day 1: Macau Arrival and Venetian Macau
- Macau Day 2: Senado Square and Saint Paul Ruins
- Macau Day 2: Solmar and Wynn
- Macau Day 3: Sands Buffet, City of Dreams
- Macau Day 3: Exploring Venetian Hotel, Venetian at Night
- Macau Day 4: Venetian Check Out, Fat Siu Lau, MGM
- Hong Kong Day 1: Kowloon Shangrila Hotel, Chao Zhou Restaurant, Nathan Road, Aberdeen Fishball and Noodle Restaurant
- Hong Kong Day 2: Octopus Card, Nan Lian Garden, Chi Lin Nunnery, Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade, Avenue of Stars
- Hong Kong Day 4: Tsim Sha Tsui East Waterfront Podium Garden, Shang Palace, Airport Express from Tsim Sha Tsui to Hong Kong Airport